We have tried hard not to think about home too much but to enjoy our time with our new daughter. Through your continued prayers, we have felt an amazing peace throughout this incredible journey. But waking up this morning on the last day, we are done - just get us home. We miss our other kids so much.
Today we will take group pictures this morning and then go to the American Consulate this afternoon for the official oath taking. This extremely important appointment on which our entire trip was scheduled around looks like this: They pack as many families as possible into a small room, everyone raises their hand while someone in the front murmurs some words about taking care, never abandon, etc - I could only hear about half of it last time. Everyone agrees and we all leave. Very anti-climactic. However, it is the last step and we will be getting her visa to enter the US this evening.
Tomorrow morning will start bright and early. We will leave the hotel around 5:30am for the airport to start the longest day of the year for us. 25 hours later we will be staggering out of the Ft. Wayne airport at 6:20pm on the same day! This last leg of the trip is a true test on the strength of your marriage. Happy Anniversary to us!
Thank you all for your support and prayers during this journey. You guys have been an amazing support group with your encouaging emails and prayers. We have felt the peace the passes understanding as we stay in the middle of a foreign country with a new 2 year-old daughter. You are all appreciated.
Monday, June 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Harry & Robin,
Just catching up on your China trip... wow... it sounds absolutely exhausting and I think I will need to have a 24 hour prayer team when we are there!!!! So thankful that you have had support & prayers from friends & family, and that the Lord has been holding you up through all the emotional swings and lack of sleep! Lyra sounds like an amazing little girl (she sounds like a little firecracker!!) and I am so, SO happy to see her with her mommy and daddy. I will be praying for you as you wrap up the trip!
Love,
Rebecca
Congratulations on your adoption of Lyra! I knew Lyra very well when she lived in Beijing. You have a wonderful daughter and she is very lucky!
Best wishes,
Ruth
Ruth,
I would love to hear more about your time with Lyra in China. I contacted Theresa by email. Lyra is a wonderful girl - we are very lucky to have her as a daughter.
Robin
Post a Comment