Tuesday, March 4, 2008

China Care and New Pictures




Lyra at 18 months! I think Lily is a little jealous of the pink coat!



China Care is a wonderful organization that provides many wonderful services for orphans in China. They work with certain Social Welfare Institutes (SWI or orphanages) in China to provide surgeries, food, foster care, and even diapers to keep babies dry so the workers will pick the babies up more. We are so blessed that they have been caring for our Lyra for the past 18 months. They provided her surgery at the best children's hospital in China at the young age of 7 months, preventing any longterm damage. They also document their care with pictures of which they sent me this morning. I will occasionally post a new (old) picture of Lyra with her age. We are hoping to bring some hard to obtain items to China in our extra luggage space to give to China Care. I will post their link if anyone wants more information about this organization. http://www.chinacare.org/

2 comments:

Rebecca Lily said...

We love China Care!!! I have been spreading the word via Facebook about them... they have a group that we have been a part of & donating to. To think that we might have been donating to help a little girl who would one day be adopted to a family who lives so close to us!!!! Talk about red thread!!!!

Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Robin,
I LOVE THE NEW PICTURES! I am so glad that they are sending you new information occasionally. I hope it will make the wait alittle easier. WE WILL KEEP CHECKING IN! Let me know if there is anything I can do.
Love- Miss